It’s Sunday and the servers are getting swollen. Looks like there will be mega queues tomorrow. Even with four new servers on Monday I believe they will fill up instantly.
I bet many people are buying their sub tomorrow as they aren’t as invested in getting a specific name. Kudos to them as I think I fell for the bait myself and then only getting one name I really wanted from a list of six. And then I went for RP PVP which has strict naming rules so it was a fluke my name fit in the parameters.
I do plan on making an Alliance on Old Blanchy tomorrow. I can’t resist as I’m old in RL and the name has Old in it. Perhaps it will be the Gen X and Boomer server!
MY TIPS FOR BEATING THE QUEUE:
- If you are PST go for an EST server. With the three hour difference hopefully the kiddies will be logging of when you are logging in.
- The second you get home from work log in and then go shower, eat dinner and hopefully it will be not to long of a wait after that.
I took off the first week of September because I know the first week will be a gong show with queues. I want my time off to be spent not pulling my hair out. I’m going hang loose this week and just accept the fact of the long wait to play.
I was lucky enough in a way to be around at the end of Vanilla. I’ve bought every expansion released thereafter. I’ve had mini hiatuses with the game. The longest being with BfA.
This time around I wanted to do everything as different as I can. This is my opportunity to have the perfect play through. So I’m rolling a male Orc Shaman. The one class I have never leveled. All my mains have been female Belfs before.
Here he is!
I am also rolling on Grobbulus as it is the only RP-PVP server. I’ve never RP’d before and love PVP so it seemed a good fit. Honestly, I’m going to give it my best go and if I’m not feeling it I will just pay for the server transfer. I will level engineering and mining as I plan to make PVP my first priority.
I have even registered with a guild before launch. I scoured all the forums read up on what the guilds offer. I want a big size guild that does RP and PVP. I seems I found it. Fingers crossed it works out well.
I have two bank alts made. A shadow priest Troll who will do enchanting and tailoring to make me bags. Also a Forsaken rogue to collect herbs and make potions. I may be advantageous with my plan and if it is costing to much gold I will let them rest until my main is level 60.
Here’s to trying new things and approaches!
With nothing to do while waiting for Classic WoW I started watching old WoW Machinima. I think I watched every Oxhorn video. His ROFLMAO! has 17 million views.
Gosh that guy is talented. I just found out he has written a book too which I plan to buy on Kindle called The Tale of Cloran Hastings.
Also loved the funniest naughty one called First of May. Trust me this video will make you blush and feel a little hot under the collar. lmao!
This has me itching to make my own WoW movies just for shits and giggles. So I watched Nixxiom’s tutorials and downloaded WoW Model Viewer. All hyped I opened it up and got the dreaded ERROR messages. Off to the forums which seemed to have minimal action. Worried I found their Discord instead. I posted to get help but nothing. Yet I noticed them talking among themselves so it must be a cliquey thing. Le sigh…..
It seems many people have the same issues. As its a free resource it takes time for updates. I would be willing to pay if I could get a working version. I’m almost ready to offer someone to Teamviewer into my comp to see if they can get it running but who to ask that can be trusted?
When I start it, I say yes to load World of Warcraft. After I say yes to load the viewer another box pops up asking for Locale. The first choice closes the program. The second choice enUS(8.20(31478) opens it but with all white models with no textures.
A nice chap on YouTube responded a fix that worked for them was using a privater server vanilla client. And then downloading this ancient version of the Model Viewer. It sounds feasible but I’m worried with WoW Classic releasing I might screw up things worse with all these WoW folders. (I’m pretty sub par with computing.)
Here’s hoping a new version that works comes out soon!
I’ve been glued to reading the Classic WoW reddit, the official battle.net forums and peeking in here and there on Discord. The hype is real but unfortunately some drama is too. In my opinion it’s not even worth the freak out but for others they must scream and pout and post over and over.
Photo by maps 08 – Crossroads by Mywaterdishisempty
- The naming drama: Imagine not getting the name you want and having a meltdown. I logged in two hours late and didn’t get any of my HunterXHunter names I coveted. Good for the people who scored them. I just kept trying and trying and I did score a total favorite character I have so overall I was happy. The lesson: you can’t always get what you want. Don’t let it lead to your misery.
- The LFG addons drama: Rumors of an LFG addon been added to Classic. I agree it sucks and I think it ruins what made Classic special, the social aspect. But what isn’t great is all the speculation. When you have all these scenarios you freak up a frenzy online. And after the drama a Blizzard blue post announced this evening they wouldn’t let any LFG addons in Classic. The lesson: Have some faith in the devs. I didn’t think for a moment it would come to fruition and it didn’t and I saved my sanity in the process.
- The mafia drama: There are a shitpost a plenty today on reddit and some people are REALLY fueling the fire. Apparently one guild is leaving a server and wants to go to a new certain server and something about an add on that can make it like a mafia environment???? I’m assuming trade like cartels on mats??? Honestly I couldn’t even keep up and the more the story goes on the more convoluted it gets. What I did notice is how certain Discord people constantly stoke the fire when it’s just about burnt out. I’m an old person now and I can’t spot that shifty behavior in a nano second. They get off on riling you up. Don’t give them the satisfaction. The lesson: Be weary of the little shits online gossiping, bad mouthing and stirring up controversy. They may act like your cyber buddy but will usually throw you under the bus when you aren’t looking.
- The server drama: How dare they make Westfall an Eastern server! Blamoo, um Blamaux, um how the hell you spell it..Blaumeux. Now how to pronounce it??? Old Blanchy is where all the old players should go to drool together! Whitemane is all 4Chan and a shit show. Herod thinks they are so awesome..ugh! Grobbulus thinks they are the most mature and will skyrocket in server size once release day comes. And then Grobbulus and Bloodsail Buccaneers will have the best retention because “mature RP” players. STREAMERS! HIDE YOUR CHILDREN… it’s Faerlina. Fairbanks is where everyone went once Whitemane was full. The lesson: Don’t believe it all. There is so much propaganda from nerds on some servers bashing others. It’s really become a gang flex thing. Play where you want on what time zone works best for you. It will be awesome no matter what you choose.
Here’s hoping your upcoming guild life in Classic WoW is drama free! Cheers! Zug Zug!