- Finished the manga “Kingdom” by Yasuhisa Hara. A solid 9.5/10. Amazing battle scenes with characters you love to cheer for and love to hate.
- Finished Final Fantasy VII the remake. Loved it too. I would give it a 8.5/10.
- Currently playing on PC – Middle Earth Shadow of War. The orc nemesis system is so much fun and a great feature. Can’t believe I missed this game when it first came out. Anything Tolkien related is alright in my books.
- Discovered Internet Archive website and loving the huge selection of manga without ads on it. Manga recently finished on there: Monster, 21st Century Boys, Worst and currently reading Urameshiya about “One cold winter, a young woman appeared near the bridge, and tempted a man. The man accepted her offer, and was found dead the next morning. There has been an unusual number of freezing deaths this year… With unusual ghostly powers, this necromancing fairy goes on to solve the mysteries of Edo and take on challenge after challenge in the 1st issue of this popular series!! “
- Read the first four books of The Wheel of Time series. I want to finish before the Amazon Prime live action is released.
- Started a Pimsleur account to learn Japanese. So far so good.
- Re-watching Avatar the Last Airbender on Netflix. I’m on Book of Earth. I’m loving it as much as I did the first time. It’s even more fun with the active Reddit that is very active atm to geek out on.
- I finished reading and watching all of Initial D. So naturally I’m neck deep on Youtube with drifting videos by Noriyaro, AdamC3046 and JDM Masters.
Recently when commuting home I asked my adult kid to put on Gary Numan’s Cars on Spotify. We jammed out and then the auto play put on another song by Mr. Numan called M.E. Well it left us gobsmacked. We knew right away that this was a special song.
Why? Where’s Your Head At by Basement Jaxx was using this as the track! My kids used to love playing Disney’s Extreme Skate Adventure and this was a song on that soundtrack. I hope he got royalties!
So I it got me real curious about this song. I can feel so many bands were inspired by his vibe like MGMT. I have no proof but just a hunch. So I went off to GENIUS and found the info on the song.
It’s really brilliant. M.E. stands for mechanical engineering.
The song M.E. is sung from the point of view of the last living machine on Earth. The people have all died, the planet is laid waste and its own power source is running down, I used to have a picture in my mind of this sad and desperately alone machine standing in a desert-like wasteland, just waiting to die.
With all the talk of A.I. recently I feel like Mr. Numan was a real visionary way back in 1979. This search lead me to the discovery of a book “Gary Numan Tracks Song By Song Album By Album: Volume 1 by Paul Goodwin” that is about every song he wrote and the meaning behind them. I think I will check it out once I catch up with my reading list.